Reporting to: Executive Director (ED), London N12 Salary: £28-£32k FTE
2.5-3 days per week 0900-1700 | Closing date for applications 18th October, interviews, week commencing 28th October
Responsible for managing the charity’s bookkeeping and accounts; supporting the Executive Director with diary, administration and document management; and providing office management and other support to the team to ensure smooth day to day running of the charity.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Manage the charity’s bookkeeping and accounts:
- Ensuring all income and expenditure data from different channels is processed accurately for management and financial accounts
- Regular entry of income and expenditure data into SAGE (weekly or 2x a month)
- Liaising with the database manager to support the accurate entry of all donation details into our database, and to support the timely submission of gift aid claims.
- Checking and processing invoices
- Reconciling bank statements and accounts
- Managing employee expense process and reimbursements
- Liaising with the payroll agency to oversee payroll and pensions for staff
- Liaising with accountants re: pension scheme and other financial management issues
- Liaising with management and accountants to support the preparation of annual accounts and annual returns.
- Providing cash flow and other financial summaries periodically as required by the Exec. Director for trustees/treasurer/funders (e.g. month-end, quarterly, end of grant basis)
- Being familiar with Jnetics’ financial control policy and ensuring it is fully complied with.
- Organising and maintaining filing of all financial paperwork
Office management and ED assistant:
- Managing and updating employee data on our Breathe database e.g. re: holiday tracking, automated payroll options, sick leave etc.
- Being familiar with key staff policies and communicating to team as relevant and required
- Managing ED diary and reviewing it with ED on a regular basis supporting time management
- Liaise with staff and external contacts to arrange and diarise ED meetings and travel
- Assisting ED with document management (hard and soft copy)
- Helping manage and respond to ED emails where appropriate
Skills and Knowledge Required
- 3+ years’ bookkeeping experience including knowledge of management accounts
- Knowledge and experience using an accounting package (essential) and SAGE 50 (desirable)
- Time-management and organisational skills – able to prioritise and handle a busy workload
- Experience with a CRM databases (essential) and familiarity with ThankQ (desirable)
- Good operational knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in for a charity or non-for-profit organisation (desirable)
- Familiarity with the Jewish community and charity sector (desirable)
- Highly organised (essential) – able to create and follow efficient processes
- Systematic and effective problem solver with a strong attention to detail
- A quick learner, self-starter with high initiative.
- Calm, unflappable and resilient nature
- Enjoys working both with systems and people.
- Able to work well in a team as well as independently
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com