Reporting to: Executive Director (ED), London N12 Salary: £26,000-£33,000 depending on experience
Monday to Friday 0900-1700 (flexibility of 4 days)
Role Purpose: This role is to manage and maintain the charity’s database and provide fundraising administrative support, including; donor management, fundraising events, and external and internal communications support to the Executive Director to ensure smooth day to day running of the charity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain the charity’s central database (ThankQ), being the key owner and super user.
• Day to day management of database
• Ensuring all historical data is added to the database
• Periodic uploading of new data to the system
• Provide ongoing support to colleagues using the database
- Fundraising administration – supporting donor management, including
• Maintaining donor communication and ongoing relationship management via the database
• Creating donation income and other reports for governance and major funders
• Drafting and ensuring periodic updates/reports to major donor and trusts.
• Researching and supporting communication with new potential funder leads.
• Co-ordinating and providing admin support for a small portfolio of community fundraising events and campaigns e.g. Fun runs, supper quiz, festival campaigns etc to ensure smooth running of events maximise donor income.
• Offer admin support to individual first-time fundraisers (e.g. marathon runners/school fundraisers) providing guidance and support increase donor involvement and income.
- Diary management – Jnetics calendar
- Communications support – respond to all general email and telephone queries.
- Provide file and office management support / minute taker at key meetings
- Work with the GENEius project manager and other team members to support the delivery of the GENEius programme including providing support for the smooth running of school, university, pre-marriage events and clinic bookings where necessary
- Occasional weekend and evening working for events is required with travel.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Experience working with relational databases is essential – familiarity with ThankQ database is a bonus.
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office – able to produce, manipulate and effectively present information to diverse audiences
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and to work flexibly as agreed with the line manager.
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to build good relations with a range of contacts and our team.
- Articulate – very strong oral and written skills to communicate, influence and persuade a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Some experience of fundraising support in the charitable sector (desirable)
- Familiarity with the Jewish community and charity sector (desirable)
- Systematic and effective problem solver
- Self- starter and high initiative.
- Calm, unflappable and resilient nature
- Enjoys working both with systems and people.
- Quick learner with a good attention to detail•
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com