Who we are
Jnetics is the only cross communal charity in the UK dedicated to the prevention and diagnosis of Jewish genetic disorders (JGDs). We do this by raising awareness and facilitating access to the best available information, responsible carrier screening services and support for those affected and at risk.
What we do
- We educate about, and raise awareness of, severe recessive JGDs to students, young professionals, community leaders, healthcare professionals and the wider community
- We provide carrier screening in conjunction with the NHS, for severe recessive JGDs via our Jnetics Clinic, Jnetics on Campus, and Jnetics at School programmes
- As the joint official ‘Engagement Partner’ to NHS England, supporting ‘The Jewish Community’s NHS BRCA Testing Programme’, we educate and raise awareness about BRCA-associated cancers and BRCA testing, to key audiences both within and outside the community.
- We provide extensive information about both recessive and dominant genetic disorders via our website
- We signpost individuals, either those at risk or affected by Jewish genetic disorders, to a range of information and support resources
Jnetics aims to increase awareness and understanding of JGDs among healthcare professionals, affected families, patient groups, and the Jewish and wider community.
We aim to promote and protect the physical and mental health of the Jewish community by the organisation and/or operation of education, screening, testing and other programmes and techniques to manage, limit or reduce the impact, occurrence, or prevalence of JGDs.
The following core principles guide the way in which Jnetics works: